Monday, October 1, 2012

Sunday, September 30th, 2012

this weekend was great and weird. on Saturday i spent several hours in the library reading the IRB guidebook so that i can really understand what the deal is when submitting my application. soon i will post a summary of my findings as well as the key points that i will consider in writing my application. i must also complete my CDB grant situation by Wednesday October 3rd. 

in addition to beginning reading the IRB handbook i played a bunch of guitar and watched Ronald Reagon in the 1984 presidential debate (notes from which i will post later).

today (sunday) i woke up and played guitar for hours. learned a bunch of new songs! as a self-teacher i feel really rewarded and am getting more and more comfortably playing + jamming w| groups. (the open box music collective for example, just started up. its just a bunch of musicians jamming out in an Enfield mod on Saturday afternoons.)

after a lot of guitar playing i went to the Music + Dance Building + practiced piano, something i haven't done in a while. then i had Crazy Pitches from 6 - 8:30. after THAT i was music-d out and i came home and did pilates|yoga + danced to Britney + Gaga w| my roomate + ate delicious spicy wild rice w| cashews. 

i've decided that i'm going to become a morning-worker. div 3 for me is going to mean a lot of getting up at 9am + getting my butt to the library. i'm starting to see the night as this sacred space for relaxation + unwinding, as opposed to being a time to wind-UP + go to sleep stressed out slash so bored|frustrated w| working.

after the work-out slash delicious yum-yum i was totally ready to hit the sack. (after a few rounds of iphone Jeopardy, obviously). but THEN to my surprise, i had an email from my Div 2 chair saying that my Div 2 portfolio is still incomplete. (my pass meeting is scheduled for tomorrow at 5:30PM, after already being moved from last Thursday)

so i spent the past 4 hours drafting an email trying to validate my life, essentially. not to mention 2 hours into that process i accidently hit CTRL + R instead of CTRL + C and deleted the entire thing and started crying + had to start all over.

luckily my roomate Maris heard that i was awake, knocked on my door + helped diffuse my freak-out by listening to the email-in-progress + giving me advice|understanding. living off-campus last year definitely forced me to grow up a lot but being on campus has been just really oh so amazing thus far. 

anyway today is hectic + my life is hectic + crazy. + instead of working on the CBD proposal or IRB application i am going to have to spend the morning freaking out over the missing components of my Division 2 portfolio.

i know my committee|the public will probably read this someday soon but all i gotta say is:

fuck it.

and also #yolo


goodnight|happy october.
- idalia isadora buddington.
9|31|12


---


PS. check out these weird things i forgot about:

1| a video of the beginning stages of my final solo entitled 'L'Entre Deux Guerres': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ayneWMS_7U&feature=player_embedded

2| a video of a dance that a program participant + i choreographed + performed at the season opening of a museum in Noyers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ayneWMS_7U

3| a video that i directed + edited alongside videographer Antoine Debombourg in Melisey, Bourgogne: https://vimeo.com/50514701


4| a video i co-directed, edited + performed in|choreographed for Constance's 'Fleeting Images: Choreography on Film' class during 2011|fall: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BWxLa5DiBA

5| another video from the class that i shot, co-directed + performed in w| Josh Oleksak: https://vimeo.com/33439293

+ lastly 6| here is a video i performed in for our final experimental music video:

No comments:

Post a Comment